Monday, August 10, 2009

AT&T: Issue resolved (not!)


I got a nice text message last Friday from AT&T that stated "Issue resolved". Hmm, wonder what that means. I don't have a shiny new iPhone, I don't have a credit back to my bank account, and I've not gotten any calls about resolution from anyone. Nice game, guys.

Fail.

I spoke with AT&T again today to find out what "resolved" means. In fact, I'm (by chance) speaking with the exact same person I spoke with last week. She has no idea what's going on, and after 2 minutes reviewing my account, is asking me the same questions she asked me last week. Wow. Just wow... Where'd you buy the phone. Did you speak with the store? Which phone did you purchase? They didn't notify you?

Funny thing is, once again the AT&T person attempts to contact the store, but they didn't answer. "Hello?" Is anyone piloting this ship?

My best guess at this point is that they have no idea what's going on, and their business systems and procedures do not allow and enable them to actually resolve my issue. They texted me because I was very insistent that if I did not hear back from them last week I was going to file a dispute claim with my bank and claim fraud. (I have - oh, I'm sure AT&T are shaking in their proverbial boots over the power of the little guy to ruin their day...not.)

Epic Fail.


No comments: