Wednesday, August 12, 2009

AT&T follies, part (lost track)


After having no luck actually speaking to a human, I decided to try my hand at AT&T's "Contact Us" from the web site. In the very limited space I attempted to give the abbreviated description of my issue. They reply:

I have reviewed your account and find the credit was issued to your account on 08/11/09 in the amount of $322.92 for the iphone that was sent back by store. I see that you have already contacted customer service regarding this credit, and your concerns have been resolved.

To recap Mr. Forrester, you have already called customer service and a credit was issued and your concerns resolved. I hope the information has been helpful and resolved all your issues. Thank you for being a loyal customer of AT&T we appreciate your business and look forward to serving you for many years to come. Once again my name is Jewell [name blanked] and if you have additional questions about this issue please reply to this email. If you have a new inquiry or future inquiry, please log back into your My Wireless Account and submit a new email correspondence request.
Nice try. Guess that looks good on the statistics when a support manager's telling his or her boss what a great job they're doing. Unfortunately (for me), I've still not received a credit from AT&T. No Jewell, this issue is far from resolved. I responded to her email with a recap of my own. I'm not optimistic.

Update: I'm happy to report that on 8/13 a credit hit my bank. No iPhone yet - probably won't be one for now...

No comments: