Saturday, January 02, 2010

Massive Credit Card Cancellations?

This actually might be a good thing. With the new legislation about credit cards, intended to stop card institutions from gouging customers these banks and what-not are resorting to other tactics to generate revenue, according to MSNBC.

The good thing about this is that I expect people (like myself) who have kept cards around "just in case", and who are hit with big fees if they don't use them, to simply cancel them. I'm reviewing, for example, my American Express and a very low-credit limit Visa that I've carried for almost 20 years. If they are going to do this, hasta la "visa", baby. Maybe many others will simply eliminate their cards and (gasp) we'll return to a cash/sanity economy. (I'm not holding my breath, though.)

No comments: